Embracing Diversity in Paradise
Aruba, with its warm hospitality and diverse community, welcomes travelers from all walks of life. Known for its stunning coasts, ideal weather, and vibrant marine life, the island is a mosaic of cultures, languages, and landscapes. Beyond its picturesque beaches, Aruba is committed to sustainability and inclusivity, ensuring a delightful experience for every visitor.
A Closer Look at Aruba
- Weather & Climate: Aruba enjoys a consistent balmy climate, boasting more sunny days than any other Caribbean island.
- Languages: While Dutch and Papiamento are the primary languages, most locals are proficient in English and Spanish, facilitating easy communication.
- Accessibility: Aruba prides itself on being accessible to all, with numerous accommodations and services for visitors with special needs.
- Sustainability Efforts: The island strives to be a model for low-carbon, sustainable living, balancing tourism with environmental responsibility.
- Time Zone: Conveniently located in the Caribbean, Aruba is easily reachable from the Americas, making it a prime destination for international travelers.
Traveling with in Aruba
Aruba aims to make travel for visitors with accessible needs as seamless and enjoyable as possible. The Reina Beatrix International Airport is equipped with wheelchair accessibility, and the island offers various accommodations and equipment tailored for guests with accessible needs. While wheelchairs are not available at hotels, guide dogs are welcomed with appropriate documentation.
Resorts Catering to Special Needs
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba: Offers two wheelchair-accessible rooms and two ADA-compliant rooms with pool access.
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort & Casino: Features a garden view room for disabled guests, ensuring full accessibility.
- Divi Village: Provides an elevator and ramps, with one unit featuring a wheelchair-accessible doorway.
- Divi Dutch Village: Recommends ground-floor rooms for easier wheelchair access.
- Divi and Tamarijn Aruba All-Inclusive Resorts: Each resort has a ground-floor room equipped with accessible amenities.
- Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino: Six rooms with bath rails and accessible doorways, including two with roll-in showers.
- Barcelo Resort: Three rooms designed for wheelchair access with roll-in showers.
- The Mill Resort: Offers a ground-floor wheelchair-accessible room, complete with special bath features.
Special Products, Services, and Equipment
- LABCO Medical and Home Healthcare Services: Offers a range of medical and healthcare products, including mobility aids, with free delivery to hotels.
- LiteLife Medicab Aruba: Provides professional medical transportation with trained attendants and accessible vans.
- Adapted Happy Wheels: Rents beach wheelchairs suitable for sand and water activities, delivered to your location of choice.
- Essential Health Supplies: Located near resorts, they offer a variety of health supplies and equipment for rent, with free delivery to hotels.
- We Welcome Wheelchairs Transportation: Specializes in accessible transfers and tours, catering to travelers with physical limitations, ensuring a comfortable vacation experience.
A Welcoming Island for All
Aruba’s commitment to accessibility and inclusivity makes it a perfect destination for travelers with special needs. From its well-equipped resorts and specialized transportation services to its diverse and welcoming community, Aruba ensures that every visitor, regardless of their requirements, can enjoy the beauty and tranquility of this Caribbean paradise.