The Zero Project is a global initiative that identifies and promotes innovative solutions that support the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). The Zero Project Research, Network, and Impact is a collaborative effort that brings together experts, organizations, and individuals from around the world to share knowledge and best practices on disability rights and accessibility.
The Zero Project Report 2022
The Zero Project Report 2022 showcases 76 innovative solutions from 35 countries that promote accessibility and remove barriers for people with disabilities. The report covers a wide range of topics, including education, employment, technology, and independent living. Each solution is carefully selected based on its impact, innovation, and scalability, and is presented with detailed information on its implementation and outcomes.
Some of the accessible travel solutions for people with disabilities were
- – ICT solution for people with reduced mobility to use public transport
- – City metro passenger setting new standards of accessibility for all
- – Web/App identifying the location of parking spaces for people with disabilities
- – Web-browser extension for looking up explanations in sign language
- – Free browser-extension to adapt websites with a variety of accessibility features
- – Inclusive design agency promoting access to arts and culture
- – Mystery Clients with disabilities evaluating the accessibility and usability of services
- – Comprehensive accessibility programme for large refugee camps
- – University-based accessible e-learning centre for students with disabilities
- – A city organizing weekly conversations in public spaces with citizens in sign language
- – Accessible platform screening events for 12 accessibility features
- – A city offering a free 24-hour video-sign language translation service for all public services.
The Zero Project Network
The Zero Project Network is a global community of stakeholders who are committed to promoting disability rights and accessibility. Members of the network include experts, policymakers, advocates, and individuals with disabilities, who work together to share knowledge, best practices, and resources. The network also provides a platform for collaboration and partnership, enabling members to work together on joint initiatives and projects.
How to Get Involved
Individuals and organizations can get involved with the Zero Project Network and contribute to the mission of creating a world with zero barriers. The Zero Project website provides information on how to become a member of the network, submit a solution for consideration, or participate in the annual conference. The website also features a resource library with publications, videos, and other materials on disability rights and accessibility.
Overall, the Zero Project is a vital initiative that supports the implementation of the CRPD and promotes accessibility and inclusion for people with disabilities. By identifying and promoting innovative solutions, the Zero Project is helping to create a world with zero barriers, where everyone can participate fully and equally in all aspects of life.